The Lord Baltimore Hotel is a rich historical hotel offering class and charm, located in downtown Baltimore. We are in search of a “rock star” Bartender to greet our guests in our hotel restaurant and during special events. The Bartender for the Lord Baltimore Hotel is an hourly nonexempt position, reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager. The right candidate has impeccable costumer service skills and loves interacting with people. The Bartender is responsible for providing a memorable guest experience in the hotel’s bar, restaurant, and during events. What you will do to be successful in this role:
- Greet customers and ascertain their beverage and/or food orders.
- Work with the kitchen to ensure that food is served in a timely manner
- Ensure that customers are greeted and attended to in a timely manner
- Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks following standard recipes
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Knowledgeable of pour amounts, including beer and wine.
- Wash and maintain equipment, barware, glasses, etc.
- Collecting payments, operate the cash register, POS and record all transactions.
- Plan and present bar menu
- Ability to use tactful judgement of cutting a person off who has too much alcohol.
- Take initiative to prevent customers from driving under the influence by calling them transportation is necessary
- Work with the F & B Manager to maintain, restock and replenish inventory and supplies Maintain a clean and organized bar area and stock supplies, such as ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and garnishes
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Respond to customer complaints in a polite and professional manner
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bartender Certification
- Excellent customer service
- Positive attitude, great temperament, and strong communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of food and beverage safety
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work a flexible 10-hour shift
- T.I.P.S Certification Preferred
- Second language (Spanish is a plus)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to carry, lift and push up to 100lbs
- Flexibility to work various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Fluent English/Spanish is a plus.
- Work requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Work requires visual acuity, normal hearing, and speech and mental preparedness to work.
Compensation, Perks, and Incentives
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
- Daily complimentary lunch/dinner (depending on your shift)
- Employee discounts and more!