Guest Services Agent
The Guest Services Agent (GSA) for the Lord Baltimore Hotel is an hourly nonexempt position, reporting to the Operations Manager. The GSA must possess impeccable costumer service skills and love interacting with people. Whether it be face to face, via phone or online, the GSA must always be professional and courteous and ensures guest satisfaction from arrival to departure. The GSA must be knowledgeable about the hotel’s property, rooms, maintenance, and its amenities. The GSA responds to guest inquiries and seeks out answers if they do not have the information. The GSA is knowledgeable about points of interest, promotions and events happening in the area. The GSA for the Lord Baltimore is the “face” of the hotel and provides the highest standards of service.
Greet and assist guests with reservations, confirmations, special requests, etc.
• Perform all check-in and check-out tasks.
• Manage online and phone reservations.
• Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data.
• Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their
• Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms.
• Provide information about the hotel, its policies, available rooms, rates and
• Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner.
• Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully furnished
accommodate guests’ needs.
• Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event
attendees, such as wedding guests, conference attendees, etc.
• Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate.
• Maintain updated records of bookings and payments.
• Maintain knowledge of current operating schedules for outlets, dining options, hotel activities
as well as activities and events in the area.
• Maintain accurate accounting of assigned cash bank.
• Post charges to guest accounts as designated.
• Facilitate guest departures by providing accurate statements and collecting payments
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of two years previous guest service and reservations experience required.
• Outstanding customer service skills
• People person
• Flexible Schedule for various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent computer skills with previous OPERA experience strongly preferred.
• Work experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist or similar role
• Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking and TripAdvisor
Working Conditions and Physical Demands: Note - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
a qualified individual with a disability(s) to perform the essential function of this position.
• Work takes place inside, mostly behind the front desk. May be required to walk to other areas of
the Hotel to assist co-workers, pick up supplies, etc.
• Work requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Work requires visual acuity, normal hearing, and speech as well as mental preparedness to work
varying shifts, extended shifts, weekends and holidays, under various conditions.
Compensation, Perks, and Incentives
• Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
• Daily complimentary lunch/dinner (depending on your shift)
• Employee discounts and more!